I am 36 weeks pregnant and Gwendolyn FREAKS if I hold a baby. Freak in the sense that we had tears, drool, snot, and swinging punches at the poor baby in my arms. She was sitting on Matt's lap halfway through this introduction to her little cousin and all her other immediate family was there watching, so no lack of people to attend to her at the moment. She and I will be a basketcase when baby brother comes home if this is how she reacts to him.
I have been prepping her by pointing out baby brother in my belly, but she also points to grandpas belly and asks "baby?". So I really don't think she comprehends what it means. I refer to many things around the house as baby brothers...... swing, clothes, car seat.
She gets mad if our dog sits in my lap for too long.
Any advice? I am desperate and hormonal.
I have a baby doll purchased that I was going to give to her special. I don't know if I should give it to her prior or at the hospital so she can associate it coming from baby brother. recommendations??
She tries acting maternal by holding things to her chest and rocking them and patting their back, too cute.
I am hoping she reacts different when she meets him in the hospital and he comes home with us, but???? who knows. Any others with experience and advice?
Monday, October 24, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment