Friday, December 29, 2006

Christmas 2006 - AKA Overkill

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

As you can see, I went overboard, again. The poor kids still have presents under the tree that they haven't show any interest in opening. I think I am going to put them in my closet for next year, they'll never know. Gwendolyn got a doll house with all the trimming as her big Santa gift and Owen got an addition to his Thomas the Train wooden track. Like he cares at this point, but someday he'll like it. Little boys are hard to buy for. It seems all the aisles at the stores are geared for baby dolls or older boy toys like GI Joe action stuff. He had all of Gwendolyns baby toys and ride on and walk with stuff, so no need there. Poor second child.
I picked up a big toy box at Value Village this morning, so hopefully my living room will regain some sense of order. I feel like I am continually living in a state of clutter. I admit I am a packrat and that is a big step for me. I always feel like I would need that precious item in the future, so I better just hold on to it. Or, it was such a good deal that I just HAD to buy it for the someday-in-the-future need. Matt is starting to comment on it. His garage is not good example of no clutter. That makes us a good fit for each other. I have taken a liking to bargain shopping, such as thrift shops and garage sales. I do have to admit that I feel a little dirty after being in any thrift shop and I need to wash my hands. I like to find good deals for myself or even others. I bought a bassinet for a lady at my Church this morning, who is down on her luck and due in April. I like the feeling I get from helping others, all warm and fuzzy like.

I have a bridal shower and bachelorette party tonight. The bachelorette portion is called "wiggin out" and we are all to wear wigs and go party in the stretch Hummer. I don't know that I will do that part, no wig and no all night energy. I had a wig to borrow, but didn't follow up on it in time. I think some wine at the shower will do me just fine. It is for Karina Vogel, who is getting married in Alyeska on New Years Eve. I need to remember my camera.

Two days in a row, woohoo a new record for blogging.

No comments: