Thursday, November 29, 2007

2 years and a few days later....Owen

I am tardy in posting my 2 year update, but that is what happens with the second child. Moms are too busy chasing both around and something has to be tabled.
We had a wonderful 2 year birthday party on Saturday with lots of cousins and some friends. There was plenty of running around and too much noise. I am sure everything thought that, but it was especially true for me and my migraine. My blessed $75 pill was so lovely once I got home to it. Owens party was a construction theme and I served some of the appetizers in his larger Tonka Trucks. But the hit was the cake that was in the bed of his dump truck. I had arrange chocolate and spice cake (look most like the ground) and then sprinkled crumbled up oreo on top to add to the dirt effect. It was a huge hit. Unfortunately I suck and failed to get a picture of it. There were hard hats for all the kids to decorate and blow up hammers for them to beat each other with. Owen was adorable in his carhart overalls with work boots.
As for my love of this little boy, it continues to grow every day and I don't know how that is possible. He just has ways of melting your heart, whether it be coming and grabbing your finger to take you where he wants you to be or the pure look of love/joy/excitement/adoration that he has when he sees me or Gwendolyn or Daddy. Normally I am #1, but he passed me over for sissy when I brought her home from school on Tuesday. Suprised me. He is still the pickiest of picky, but he is occasionaly pushing his boundaries and tried the item in your hand. He hasn't liked said item yet, but the tasting of it was his idea and I will take that progress. Last I heard from his morning with Grandma he had pooped on the potty and that is very exciting business. His favorite word is nononononono, at least that many times. It sounds adorable, but I am still working on yesyesyes.
He is a fish in the water like his sister. A couple weeks ago he dove down to pick up a ring on the bottom of the pool. Didn't want to repeat it, but he did it. He is rambling Owenwords a mile a minute and I expect that once he figures all those other words out he won't stop. He has a wide vocabulary, but thinks he knows much more. He is still happiest with a hockey stick in hand, chasing around a ball. Daddy had the brillant idea of letting you bring the stick upstairs and you have only lost it once so far.

I don't know where the time is going, I only know I want it to slow way down. My baby is growing up too fast. The following are some of my favorites.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

too cute! I can't believe howbig he is!!!
Arlene

CrunchyCon said...

What a great post and I wish you had a pic of the cake - I need ideas!

Anonymous said...

How sweet! Love the pics and the party idea too!
-Beth

Anonymous said...

Way too cute!! He doesn't look like a baby anymore! WAHH!

Anonymous said...

I absolutely cannot believe he's 2 years old! Happy birthday!!!

-sb