Thursday, January 17, 2008

New Night Time Ritual

Gwendolyn received Candyland for Christmas from the big guy. We have taken to playing a game or two after Owen goes to bed at night. I use this to my advantage and hold the game over her head. If she goes to bed like a good girl, she gets to play a game the following night. She totally looks forward to this and it makes her lay there in bed and not try to engage her brother like a CHARM!!
I am so impressed with how fast she picked this game up. We have tried a few other kinds of games and she always lost interest after a couple minutes and realy didn't grasp the rules or protocol. Candyland she got with the first card and didn't even mind that I kicked her butt, hehe. She has since won a few times. I am having fun with this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Come on mom. You know you're supposed to let the little girl kick your butt. I can't wait to have one of my own. If we're blessed first with a girl you know I'll be "sinking her battleship."

Miss you so much it hurts....