Sunday, May 25, 2014

Blake 2.8 version

My little bundle of energy boy!  He has been such a fun addition to our family. I think he spends all his time and energy on moving and playing that he has nothing left to turn into words. At a couple months shy of 3 he only has a few words (momma, ball, and Owwo for Owen). He gets everything else accomplished with sign and pointing and grunting or just taking you where he needs you. He does not seem frustraed by the lack of communication. In fact, I think I am more frustrated by it than him. He will start speech therapy this next fall when school starts. As well as starting at ABC preschool. 
He shows little to no interest in potty training, again that would mean slowing down and that just ain't his thing. He is happiest with a hockey stick in his hand or a soccer ball at his feet or both. He has such natural athletic ability. I have random strangers come up and comment on his ability to dribble the ball down the field with no effort. Fun to watch. He starts every hockey game with his rendition of the national anthem. Such spirit. 
He successfully gave up his Yiyi this spring with little backlash. Nice to not have to worry about where a pacifier is and not care if one is available. He spends 2 days a week with grandma Mary and they have been enjoying the pool and swimming together. He has one day with Aapa and they have their work routine and visit the ladies at the bank for a lollipop. 
He is an amazing big brother and is so gentle with Trevor. I have no worry about leaving him laying on the floor. If anything I will find Blake laying next to him when I come back I the room. There has been little to none jealously. A couple times he will hear baby cry and know that I will go to pick him up and he will race and try to claim my lap first. But he willingly shares it in the next breath. 
I look forward to the day when his stories contain words to round out all the animated gestures to what he is trying to tell. There is amazingness trapped in there just waiting to bust out. 

No comments: