Wednesday, April 16, 2008

She must be listening....

I brought Gwendolyn to a work function with me last night. I was present to parents and teens about the consequenses of minor consuming alcohol. I was co-presenting with a PTA mom who has a daughter with a DUI as a senior at that high school. Gwendolyn was listening as the other lady was giving her scare story. At one point in the lecture the lady used the word "stupid" and Gwendolyn turned to me and wispered "that lady said a bad word". I was just please that she realized it was not a nice word.
Though I am afraid I may have taught that very word to Owen this past week while driving him around. There were many stupid drivers and I felt the need to make the profound statement that they were stupid, even though they couldn't hear me. I felt a little better, till I remembered my son was sitting behind me. Oops, it has to be a little better than teaching Gwendolyn "dammit".

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're such a good mommy. I've witnessed so many parents who swear AT their children. Blows me away. I often look at the "adult" with a dropped jaw and think how unfortunate they're so easily able to reproduce.

If dammit and stupid are what you have to worry about, you're likely headed toward a sweet, family future.

Then again, I know you, so I already knew that.

You're a beautiful mom. And I hope you'll invite me to one of your kiddo speaches about the effects of alcohol. I promise not to get eye contact with you.

Lord, we know he was a watchin' over us.

Anonymous said...

speeches speeches speeches

Anonymous said...

lol... yeah I've used worse words than stupid so you're doing OK in my book!

-sb