No great reason why, I have been on-line everyday, just lacking creativity.
I have sick kiddos right now and that is consuming of all my non work time. Owen, I am happy to report is now at the 50% for his size, versus the -5% we had to gain from. He is 31 lbs and 34" and has a mop of blond curls. I think I am going to get him a haircut tonight before we go see all the great grandparents in WA in a couple weeks. That generation has issues with long haired hippie boys ;) He looks adorable either way, but very different looks. He has a hearing assessment tomorrow to see if there is any loss or need for tubes. Matt is deaf in one ear from infections as a child and we have been fortunate to only have had one infection with him and none with Gwendolyn. His speech assessment is a year out, damn Alaska and too few specialist. I think his issue is more of a speech one, but want to make sure he isn't having trouble hearing prior to trying to think about how to say it.
He is still infatuated with Spider Man and Super Man, who started as a combined name of sabaman, which morphed into soopman, and can now be called their true names, though not always the correct character. I brought out a geotrax train set that I had picked up at the used store the other night and the kid is in heaven.
Gwendolyn has had a persistent cough for well over a month and her cousin was just diagnosed with walking pneumonia. I am afraid that Gwendolyn has it as well and will get her checked out tomorrow. She is very excited to get to travel on an airplane down to Washington soon. We bought a temporary membership to the athletic club here at a fund raiser and have been using it this past month. It has a pool with 2 water slides and a low diving board. She is amazing for a 4 year old swimmer!! Down the slides like they are nothing and off the board without a thought. The first couple times were with a floaty belt and me waiting for her to not drown in the deep end. She did great and didn't need me or the belt. The rest of the times are without me or the belt. She goes on her back, belly, feet or head first. She even tried a complicated sideways maneuver. We have had a different lifeguard every time and she has had to re-prove herself again and again. Without fail, like a swimming champ, she passes by swimming to the rope and back.
I have lots of new great pictures and a home computer in the shop, so words are all you get for now.
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hope everyone is feeling better soon! I wish Ava would swim that well. Have a great trip. :)
Amazing! S just started swim lessons. -sb
Post a Comment