Tuesday, August 09, 2005

2nd Place baby

Just for giggles, we entered Gwendolyn in the baby contest at the State Fair on Sunday. She was in the 13-18 month division. Out of 39 contestant she won the most talkative, go figure. She waved at all the judges and said bye-bye, bye-bye as we walked past. On top of that she won 2nd place for the division. Yea Gwendolyn. That earned her a ribbon and a little gold ring that actually fits her ring finger. I was very happy with 2nd place, 1st meant we had to come back for more at 8pm and she is just not so cute then. So, that was our adventuresome afternoon. I was amazed to win, not that I don't think she is adorable, but there were tons of pagenty moms and kids there. I kid you not, there was a poor toddler in a gown and tiara and one in a tux. Did they place? No. Poor judges probably felt sorry for them. I just spit shined mine and marched her out there for fun, not competition. Its a state fair, for crying out loud.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

4 comments:

Daph said...

Awww, that is so cute! She's such a precious little girl, I love her dress! :)

AK Alter Ego said...

Thanks!!

Nikki said...

Aww Marita that's too cute!!! Congrats Gwendolyn!!!

AK Alter Ego said...

Good to see you Nikki. Hope things are good with you and Olivia