Monday, August 29, 2005

Weekend away with Matt

We had a wonderful time on our weekend away. The weather was very nice on Saturday for the wedding, which was good since it was an outdoor wedding. We took advantage of the nice setting for some pictures.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I think I like this one best, but the color is not fabulous.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
We are sitting on a rickety old wooden chair and I wasn't confident it would hold one person, let alone 2.5 people.

The reception site had a little pond and a creek running by. It was pretty darn cold by night time, but they had little heaters placed around. The wedding was nice. We were 2 of 5 people (excluding family) from Fairbanks, which is where the bride is from, so I am glad we made the effort to attend. With time to kill in Anchorage on Sunday and no baby, we went to a movie. We watched 40 year old virgin. It was funny, but not hilarious. I wish we would have been able to see Wedding Crashers instead. Matt was able to experience what it will be like with more kids around. All three little Bennett kids came in to wake us up on Saturday and snuggle. They knocked and I said yes. Such sweet kids.
Gwendolyn was very happy to see us. She was a little mommy clingy this morning, daddy wasn't going to cut it for anything. She has learned that please comes after more and she is much more likely to get what she is asking for. "more please", too cute.

2 comments:

AK Alter Ego said...

I am due Thanksgiving day. I only gained 12 lbs with my last pregnancy and most people didn't even realize I was pregnant till the very end. So far, with this one, I have gained 10 lbs. This one is a boy and I sure have been hungrier, so I may gain a bit more. Thanks though!!

Daph said...

You look beautiful! The pics are great, you and your man look so cute together! <3