Monday, January 22, 2007

How quickly they forget

It breaks my heart, but also amazes me. Both Owen and Gwendolyn seem to have weaned very easy, easy since I have not much to compare it to. Owen weaned a couple weeks back. This was my idea, thinking it would be easier on him than leaving him startled and abandoned when I go to Hawaii. He was very much a boob-boy and I figured he would have a harder time. So in a way, you could say I am disappointed that he doesn't miss it more than he does. I assumed I would have to fight the boy off me for a while. Nope, nothing. O.K., we are done and life goes on. I sleep topless, TMI, but I have been delibrately putting on a top prior to seeing the baby in the morning or by chance in the middle of the night, not wanting to confuse him. Last night he was crying and it didn't sound like he was going to stop, so I went in, topless. He could care less about momma-snacks. He just cuddled in for a few minutes and was good. Glad I can still be of use as a cuddler, but a little sorrowful that he is not pining for nursing. Gwendolyn was the same way, done was done and she never looked back. Weaning was her idea though, but I think Owen had something to do with it considering I was pregnant. Both babies went 13 1/2 months nursing, for that I am quite proud.

3 comments:

erika said...

First of all - you should be proud! Secondly - aren't you cold way up in AK, sleeping topless? LOL

sb said...

There will be time when we're grateful that they forget so quickly! *hugs*

CrunchyCon said...

Congrats - sound like you did good!