Friday, March 09, 2007

Three years ago

I was blessed with a baby girl. I am still amazed that I am a mommy and that you are my little girl. I had great intentions of writing a letter to you yesterday, but instead we spent the day having fun together. We gave out suckers at the local middle school for mommy's work, then you came to the office with me for a while. We managed to get your three year old pictures taken, but just barely. I suppose having too much fun with you is a good excuse for not writing out a proper happy birthday.
I love you more than I thought possible. I love to watch you sleep, play, read, swim, jump, dance, and more. I am touched at how you can share these moments with your brother, though not always. I love that you want to see him in first thing in the morning and are always concerned with where he is and what he is doing.
Seeing the world through your eyes makes a person realize all the fun and exciting things available in an ordinary day. You have countless energy and no desire to sit still. You have recently decided that dresses are the only appropriate form of clothing. Fortunately I love to shop and this has not been an issue. I hope the desire to wear pants and shorts comes back around, I have lots of cute outfits awaiting you. You outgrew your excema and bumps a couple months ago and we were all very happy. Yippy for building up immunity.
You love to watch hockey live and will cheer for the Nanooks. You have overcome your fear of the Nanook mascot and we have to go find him every game. Your favorite song is Baby Beluga and we have to play it every other song in Mommys car, sometimes I am allowed to sing along, but not always. During the last year you have continued to take parent/tot swim and excel at swimming. Now that you are three you can do lessons on your own. I think it is an exciting transition, but I am mourning that time we had together. You also took a few months of parent/tot tumble. You had fun, but it was no where near as fun as swimming. Plus, you peed on the tumble mat and emberassed the heck out of me. We tried our hand at parent/tot story time at the library and enjoyed it. I think you sat still better for Daddy though. You love going to Church and run off and check yourself into the nursery without me. Since you are there, brother feels safe and will stay there too. You didn't have that person, so I had to miss Church and play in the nursery with you more often than not during the end of one and into two years old.
You can count to 17 without fail and sometimes more than that. You can sing your ABC's, Twinkle Twinkle, Jesus loves me, Mary had a little lamb, and many others. You are so excited about the possibility of going to school and riding the school bus. I really don't think you will be riding a bus, unless it is to a field trip though, sorry.
We got you a Fisher Price digital camera for your birthday and you have been taking tons of pictures. Prior to this, you would use random objects as cameras and make people pose for you. The gift was a no brainer. We are having a party for you on Sunday at Aaka and Aapas house with all your cousins and friends. There will be food and cupcakes and you guys will make smiley-face-permant-playdoh characters. Mainly, you will be running around tearing up the house and having fun.
You have a very special relationship with all your grandparents. You have unique things you do with each of them and look forward to time with them all. You and Grandma Mary like to read. You like to wrestle with you Poppa Rufus. You like to feed the fishies and frost cookies with your Aapa. You like to make brownies and lick the bowl with your Aaka. They are all humored when you call them on the phone and can mostly understand you. You talk frequently and fast, in general.
I could go on and on, but there is too much you are wonderful at and so much new you learn everyday. I love you with all me heart and could not imagine my life without you in it. You are my joy and sunshine, my greatest accomplishment yet my biggest fear. Thank you for every minute, of every day, my sweet baby girl.

6 comments:

erika said...

*sniff* how sweet! Happy Birthday to G, and happy mommy anniversary to you!

Beth said...

Happy Birthday Baby Girl!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, sweetie!

CrunchyCon said...

Happy Birthday!

sb said...

Happy birthday!!! Very sweet...

Nikki said...

awww Marita..that's beautiful. Happy Birthday Gwendolyn!!