Saturday, June 14, 2008

We are ruining him

We tried to force the boy to eat macaroni and cheese (oh the horror) a few months back and he didn't budge, in fact he seemed even more picky the following day. We backed off.
We decided this week that he didn't need an afternoon nap anymore since he lays awake in his bed for 2 hours every night, just waiting to fall asleep. It was bearable for the first few days and as more time progressed it added up on him and he became unbearable in the evening. He is now napping and we will just limit it to no more than 1 hour. We had been doing this already, but I am not convinced that others watch the clock.
Where I think we have ruined him is he has taken to screaming no and not wanting to go to bed, whereas before he would very willinginly go jump in bed and cover up. I NEVER said we knew what we were doing with parenting, but he has very different ideas than us and right now he seems to be in charge.

4 comments:

CrunchyCon said...

Don't you just LOVE two year olds?!!?

Anonymous said...

Darn it. I just left you a cool comment but it didn't take cuz I wasn't signed in.
Now I'm just leaving a comment for the sake of leaving a comment.
UGH.
It was something stupid about having furbabies instead of real humans.
frick.

Anonymous said...

HEY, Crazy friend here... ;-)
Fix my link on your blog roll! (sheeesssh what's wrong with you? haaa haaaa)
Life.. is... good. Just sayin' cuz I knew you'd wanna know.
Book me a flight that way, I'll explain over coffee and kids. Miss you soooo much.

A Crafty Mom said...

I bet it will pass and is just a phase - we went through the same thing when David gave up his naps a YEAR ago, lol. Bedtimes will go back to being normal, I promise :-)