Thursday, February 28, 2008

Boasty Bunch

I know this is boasting, but I was so proud of myself so that negates some of the boasting.
I decided to get crafty and sew Gwendolyn a skirt. She loves yellow (not sure why, not my favorite at all) and I had some cute yellow flannel with red roses embroidered on it. It was a very basic pattern of three tiers. Turned out cute and she had a matching red long sleeve t-shirt to go with.
My point is, I went to drop her off at school this morning and one of the teachers commented that it was cute and I (bragging inside) pipe up with I made it last night. Both teachers look at me with mouths open, "oh you made it last night, when I want something new for my kids I have to go to Fred Meyer and you just whip something up. Lucky girl." I love that I can do this for her and that she will wear it as I am sure that will change. I am no where near the ability that her Grandma is, but I am enjoying learning.
Although I have been having to throw down with my new Serger and I am not winning. That thing is stupid and complicated. I couldn't get it to do the rolled hem and I seriously spent 3 hours rethreading and trying again. It kept snapping thread, I would change the tension, still snapping. I took it to the store, rolled a perfect hem, kid.you.not!! Won't now though, back to snapping thread. I decide screw it, table the rolling hem thing for a while, now I can't even get it to do overlock hems. I give up for now, but I will be back for another round. My plain Kenmore sewing machine doesn't do this to me, old faithful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pretty amazing! You know I always remember fondly the outfits my mom made me when I was a kid - she used to make all my "fancy" dresses for school concerts and things. And even now so greatful to her that she can hem my pants!

So, I'm sure she'll always appreciate it! - SB