Monday, February 04, 2008

Mary Poppins I'm not

I hate the fact that my kids will grow up with a memory of me yelling at them. I don't think my mother ever raised her voice at us, but she is the best mother ever created so it is hard to compare. I don't like that I resort to yelling or threatening to beat thier butts. I need to work on better control of myself and my PMS emotions and regular emotions.
This is my largest parenting fault and I really need to work on it. They don't need the memory and it doesn't make me feel good and doesn't always provide the desired result. Ugh

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hugs! I'm sure I'm worse!
-Beth

ArcticAngel said...

i work w/ a lady and her and her sister always refer to their mom as
"a screamer" like you, i don't want my kiddos to have that memory of me. i'm in a mom's group right now on friday mornings and we are watching a focus on the family discipline series. its really good and i've barely flipped out on my kids this week. ((hugs to you from me))

Anonymous said...

I struggle with the same thing.