So they could play with each other!!
Gwendolyn is in Michigan with my Mom for a family reunion and to visit. They left Thursday night and have had a fun time so far. She started out liking to talk to us on the phone, but now refuses. Unless it is Owen, she will talk to her brother and that is it!! I am sure that is a sign she is missing him. She goes to bed at night saying she wants me, but wakes up looking for her brother. I know she misses me and Daddy too, but is paying us back for abandoning her, by not talking with her 3 year old butt.
Owen on the other hand, can't get enough of MOM. He makes me play with him all day. I think he is so used to Gwendolyn being all up in his business that he expects there to be a person looming over him. Cute, but getting old.
He was so sweet last night. He has been sleeping fitfully, not sure if that is because he is alone in the room or not. I went in one time he was wining/crying out. He was laying on his back with his eyes closed. I just stood there and rubbed his leg. He opened his eyes and saw me, stood up and reached out. I picked him up and just held him for a few seconds. He then leaned out and looked up at me and then leaned in and gave me a true puckered-up kiss and then laid his head back down. His kisses have normally been open mouth, slobbery things. It was just so sweet, like saying thank you for checking on me.
Back to Gwendolyn being gone. They are gone for 10 days. I was real proud of myself for not cying at the airport. I laughed to myself when I tried to be a sweet mom and give her a $5 to spend on whatever during her travels. She looked at me like, "gee thanks, paper." Now, if I had given her a penny she would have been real excited. I tucked it away in a photo album that I had put together for her. She has been a little whiney the last couple days. I hope that eases up when more family gets there with kids her age. It is just such a strange element for her, with no Mommy or Daddy there. They drove over to Marquette this morning to spend the day with Matts Grandparents. Everyone thought this would be better than them driving the 250 miles to Gwendolyn. They are getting up there in age. I hope she is not being a brat.
Monday, July 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Owen is such a sweetie. Gwendolyn is hilarious!
She'll be back soon enough!
The 10 days will fly by, I promise! And Owen... *sigh* so sweet....
I'll bet Gwendolyn is charming everyone she sees! She'll be home before you know it. The part about Owen and the kiss - perfect! What a sweetie-pie!
Your lil girl is growing up! And it's so nice to have one on one time with Owen!!!
Awww thats so sweet of Owen!
-Beth
Post a Comment