Thursday, October 04, 2007

Owen weighing in

We went to the Dr for a follow-up appointment on Tuesday. I wanted to see if he was gaining adaquate weight. Plus a thread in the Garden a while back got me worried about his fluid consumption and excessive peeing, with maybe being diabetic.
He is now 23 lb 10 oz and 30 inches tall!! My baby is growing little by little. He caught back up to his 10% bracket and that made the Dr very happy. He had dropped from 10% to less than 5% and she wanted to see him stay where he had always been. She was happy that he is drinking his pediasure and concurred that we need to cut back on the juice.
We taped the pee catching bag on his weewee at the start of the appointment. When we were all done she said to get him dressed and let him play for a while till he peed. I said lets check first. Sure as anything, he FILLED that bag full of pee!! He can pee like a racehorse. It was impressive. There were no sugars in his pee, yea!! We will cut back on his juice and see if that helps his appetite.
It was a very reassuring appointment. Now if we can only convince him to try more foods. That would make my year!!

3 comments:

Beth said...

Sounds like a great appointment!

Anonymous said...

Yay!!!

I wish I had an insight on how to get a picky kid to eat... I feel your pain. Hopefully, persistence will help and one day he'll be eating you out of a house and home!

-sb

ArcticAngel said...

I don't have an official weight on Hunter but he's about 27-28 pounds at 16 months. I guess we don't have the picky eater :) I'm glad Owen is doing better with weight! Miss you guys!!!