Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Sometimes....

my children can be so sweet to each other. We were driving to church this weekend and I loved hearing the conversation from the backseat.
G - Look Owen, Look at the bear over there (painted on a tower)
G - Look Owen, there is Pappa's work
G - Look Owen, that is where Mommy works
Commentating the whole way and making sure he knew where we were going and what they were looking at.

She also explained to me that sometimes she likes to share with Owen, but not always. I have been amazed at what she has been willing to share, toys and snacks and sippy cups for example. I love when she is concerned about him and his wellbeing. She is normally done with dinner before picky-slowboy and gets to choose the movie or show we will watch. Melts my heart when she checks with him on what to watch or delibrately chooses something that is his favorite, namely Cars. I love that they are growing up close, reminds me of me and my brother.

We were a family of M&M's this weekend for a party. I loved how great it turned out. I have had these costumes since before Owen was conceived. Matt and I have been referred to as M&M since dating and they were the candy favor at our wedding reception, so I thought it made fun sense.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
We went skating this weekend for my neices 2nd birthday and Owen LOVED skating. He got the hang of walking in the skates and wanted to be on the ice at all times.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

5 comments:

CrunchyCon said...

LOL! I totally didn't get the M&M thing!

She's a sweetheart!

ArcticAngel said...

Love the M&M outfits. I remember when you got those! Sure miss you guys! It's fun hearing about Gwen and Owen getting close, Eli isn't as nice as Gwendolyn is to Hunter!!!

Beth said...

I LOVE the costumes! And I love having two so close together too. Aren't our girls so sweet to watch out for their baby brothers (at least when it suits them lol)??

erika said...

I love how G looks out for O. how sweet! You are doing a great job, momma!

Anonymous said...

I know I read this post, but somehow totally missed the pics! Very cute costumes and very sweet sibling moment.
-sb