Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentines with my sweeties

It was a wonderful day overall.
Matt left at 7am to drive to Canada for a hockey tournament, so I gave him his valentines present the night before, a new movie for the road trip. We are not consistant on V-day gifts, so I had no expectation of a gift. I just assumed, kinda to not get my hopes up, that I wasn't getting anything since he wouldn't be here. I went to load school Valentine party crap in the Yukon in the morning and there was a beautiful vase full of red roses (how cliche, but I'll take it) and a card there. He said there was a rose for every year he has loved me and 3 for Sassy (G) and 2 for Bubba (O) and 1 from the furry one (Duke the dog). It was so sweet!!! The sentiment was wonderful and I needed it.
After I dropped Gwendolyn at school, Owen took me to breakfast at Dennys and we had a nice time together. We then ran errands and went back to school for Gwendolyns party. Grandma Mary had made her this beautiful valentine dress and she looked so sweet, I really need to download the pictures from my camera.
After work was done in the evening, I went to pick the kids up and the inlaws were already done with dinner but had a plate made up for me. The table was all cute with candles and flowers. It was sweet that they made the effort for each other and they shared it with my kids and then me. It was yummy chicken cordon bleu and potatoes and poached pears with a yummy sauce and whipped cream.
Then Gwendolyn chose last night to sleep in my bed while Daddy is gone. She didn't last long on Daddy's side of the bed, but yet neither does he. It was nice to snuggle her all night.
Matt called to check in from White Horse, they are on to Dawson City today for the weekend of tournaments.

2 comments:

ArcticAngel said...

that is so sweet! we aren't big on v-day either we just snuggled and had leftovers for dinner :)

Beth said...

very sweet! Roses are perfect, every time!