Monday, September 17, 2007

Give a little bit, give a little bit of yourself..

This is so not about me, I volunteer to offer my support. When I am rich, I will donate money. I do buy things from kids who come around selling, but that benefits me and my belly or the presents I will be wrapping.
Yesterday in Church, one of our busiest attorney's in town (slum lord kind of attorney, if you wanna get off, see him) was sitting in front of me. They are very well off, for the record. I watched them take two quarters out of his pocket and hand one to his wife. That was their freaking tithe!! FIFTY FREAKING CENTS!! Cheap ass. I appreciate that you are giving. But just because you gave a quarter every week in Church does not free you of all your sins and wrong doings. I have watched my parents give $100 every week, all of my life. There were many, many weeks that do such was a hardship. But that was still a committment they made. Ugh, it just irked me to watch this practice of thiers. The wife even took a second to ask if he had his quarter.

On a happy note, Gwendolyn went to her first Childrens Church and also Sunday School yesterday. She is 6 months too young, but they wanted her and made an exception. She seems to do well with it and I think her attending pre-school made it possible. She is growing up too fast.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What, exactly, does absolution of sin cost?

"But just because you gave a quarter every week in Church does not free you of all your sins and wrong doings."

I think if my minister drives a Porche, I should get a special room in heaven for really really awesome people!

_Some Guy_

AK Alter Ego said...

Thanks for your input _Some Guy_ You don't know me or at least don't admit to knowing me, hence not signing your comment. So please don't bother.
I am speaking to a specific situation that was appauling. If all you have to give is a quarter, then I commend you for donating. His donation, in my opinion (my blog) was more of a slap in the face of tithing. I was taught to give 10% of your income to your Church.