Thursday, September 27, 2007

Owenisms

Owen pooped on the potty last night. I don't know that he is ready to tell me when he has to go, but I will take baby-step progress.
He has such a cute way of exclaiming "I did it" and "I got it" when he accomplishes something. I love seeing the excitement when it happens. He is such a bundle of joy and a mama's boy. He seems to be taking more of an interest in Matt lately. Matt was off hunting last week and every day we came home Owen would hurry up the stairs calling "Daddy, Daddy". Melted my heart to hear.
He is still a stinker when it comes to eating. If it is not something he likes (grilled cheese, chicken nuggets, or stage 3 jarred baby food) he will just sit there and cry. Won't even try tasting it. This will go on for upwards of an hour. I always cave and get him a jar of nastiness. He needs the calories. I hate that he is getting the better of me and I don't feel we are progressing with his dietary variety. He is going to have to realize that jarred nastiness is, in fact, NASTY sooner or later.
Last week when Daddy was hunting, Gwendolyn tended to sleep with me. Owen woke up crying one night and I went to him. He didn't want to lay back down and would cry more if I tried (not normal). I was exhausted. I am walking and bouncing him and think to myself, "hmmmm empty toddler bed, wonder if that would do the trick". Sure enough, he cuddled right down. Come morning, I hear the door crack open. This is normally the sign that Gwendolyn is coming to my room, but I already had her. I get up and look down the hallway to see the cutest little face peeking out of the door at me, in wonder. He didn't know what to do next, he only knew Gwendolyn would leave the room. Love that little boy!!

4 comments:

CrunchyCon said...

awwwww...

*heart melting*

Anonymous said...

cute...

SB

Sara said...

awwww When did they get so big???? Owen looks like a little man and Gwendolyn is just gorgeous!

Beth said...

How adorable!