Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Too Much??

Do we gogogo too much?? I think I am doing my kids a disservice. Every night Gwendolyn will ask me "where are we going tomorrow? What are we doing?" Most days we are going plenty of places and doing lots of things. Problem is, I don't think it is healthy for her. She lacks the ability to sit around the house all day or even all weekend and play with her toys. She is always anticipating where we are going next. Live in the moment child and relax. Or maybe, I could just be raising an ambitious child, who will have drive. I can only hope, because right now I think I am making a mistake that I will pay for in the future. Parenting is so full of unknowns and what-ifs.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally kwym. Sometimes I do wish there was a manual.

-sb

Anonymous said...

See... this is why I can only have cats. I'd go nuts over some children. Great post.

Anonymous said...

What's your email address, so I can add you as a reader...

AK Alter Ego said...

maritabunch at yahoo dot com

erika said...

See... if you stayed home more, you'd wonder if you were doing her a disservice that way, too. You just will always worry about everything, and you'll never know if it was right or wrong. Just do your best. (((hugs)))

Anonymous said...

McKenna does the same thing. I sometimes wonder if we do too much, but I think she just likes to know what's going on - she's a nosy one, has to know it all.

Erika's right, you'd worry you weren't doing enough if you were home all the time.