Thursday, September 06, 2007

Happiest Toddler on the Block

I'll take two of those to go, please!!

I went to a presentation last night by Harvey Karp, Happiest Baby and Happiest Toddler on the Block. He had some fabulous ideas for dealing with toddlers and their tantrums. I bought his DVD for $18 with my SIL and will watch that with Matt (he is even willing). It was great to watch his practices in motion in the video clips he presented. He was a wonderful presenter, with fabulous ideas. I highly recommend his practices. He is the one with the 5s's (swaddle, shhhh, swing back and forth....) for the Happiest Baby portion.

Of course Mommy went out drinking afterwards, but I tried to learn how to be a good parent first. LMAO I wish I had brought Matt and he even commented, after the fact, that he would have went and thought he could use the hints and education too.

3 comments:

CrunchyCon said...

I'll have to dig up that book again. Thanks for the reminder!

Anonymous said...

I may need this... or may be you can blog some tips!

-sb

erika said...

"Of course Mommy went out drinking afterwards, but I tried to learn how to be a good parent first."

That made me totally LOL! I am glad you found it insightful. I'll have to look it up!